Reviews. Ratings. Stories. The "Dick in the Popcorn" trick.

If it's about a movie...or going to a movie...or, Christ, even watching TV...you'll find it here in "Moog's Movie Reviews!"

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Get Smart - Literally

Today I'm reviewing another movie from my Netflix list:

Get Smart


Good. Movie.

To my surprise, though, this was NOT about the hunt for Pamela Smart.


THAT honor goes to the movie "To Die For."

By the way...true fun-fact about Moooooog:

I went to High School with Pamela Smart.

I rode on the same bus as Pamela Smart.

How they managed to get Nicole Kidman to play Pamela Smart is beyond me.


I'm not even going to get into "Murder in New Hampshire," as Helen Hunt always looks like the sun's in her eyes.

I like Paul Reiser!

But I've digressed.

I wanted to see "Get Smart" in the theater, but having two children and approximately 5 minutes of free time a week tends to kill those hopes and dreams.

Kids.

Regardless - this movie did not disappoint me.

I laughed pretty much through the whole thing.

This tends to piss off my wife a bit, because I have a wicked obnoxious laugh which includes, but is not limited to, me constantly looking over at her to make sure SHE'S laughing as well.

I also sit way forward when I'm laughing really hard.

Sometimes, I fart.

How I actually have a wife is beyond me, sometimes.


There are some clear references to the original TV show, which - apparently - you have to be old to figure out. My wife didn't catch them.

I'm old.

I figured them out.

I need pills for an erection!

Perhaps I've said to much.

Regardless, you can figure out who the 'bad guy' is about halfway through the movie, but it doesn't take away from the laughs.

By the way, keep on the lookout for an appearance by Bill Murray.

He's in this movie for, like, 2 minutes - but they are a hilarious two minutes.

If you like Steve Carell, you will still like him here. I love him (although the restraining order specifically prohibits me from making banners that say this).

Anne Hathaway is also good.

In some scenes, she's hot. Others, eh.


I had to go to her IMDB page to see what she's been in, because I hadn't recognized her.

The only movie I've seen her in is "Brokeback Mountain" (see my review here)...

...and we will not be discussing that here.

My Score:

3 Mooge Splats (out of a possible four)



F*cking Brokeback Mountain.

Please excuse me while I go vomit.

*************************

Want to be a reviewer? Send me a review!!

Want a movie reviewed? Let me know!

Email me here, or via the link on the right of the page and we'll see what we can do.

***********************
Haven't had enough?

Come swing by and see me at my other blog, Mental Poo.

***********************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am fully psyched to see this movie