Reviews. Ratings. Stories. The "Dick in the Popcorn" trick.

If it's about a movie...or going to a movie...or, Christ, even watching TV...you'll find it here in "Moog's Movie Reviews!"

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Role Models - Paul Rudd is my hero

Today I'm reviewing another movie off my Netflix list:

Role Models


Yes, hot on the heels of my reviews of "I Love You, Man" and "Monsters vs. Aliens"...

...I present you with my third Paul Rudd movie in three weeks.

Complaints?

None here, bitches.

Paul. Rudd. Rules.


Guy fucking kills me in every movie he's in.

In Role Models, Paul Rudd plays "Danny Donahue", and teams up with Seann William Scott ("Stifler" from the "American Pie" movies) playing "Wheeler"...

(really..? can't this guy get a role where he has BOTH a first and last name?)

...as two guys working for the marketing department of an energy drink company.

Danny hates his job hawking this product and in a fit of rage, ends up getting both himself and Wheeler assigned to Public Service as pseudo "Big Brothers" to unfortunate kids in lieu of jail time.

They finagle this through Danny's now ex-girlfriend, Beth, a lawyer played by the ever increasingly hot looking Elizabeth Banks.


The center is run by Gayle Sweeney, played the crazy hilarious Jane Lynch. If you haven't seen Jane Lynch in anything ("40 Year Old Virgin" and her current role as Charlie's psyciatrist on the TV show, "Two and a Half Men" come to mind), then you're missing out on one funny woman.

Danny gets stuck with a nerdy Dungeons and Dragons geek played by Christopher Mintz-Plasse who you may know better as McLovin from "Superbad."

Wheeler is stuck with Ronnie Shield (Bobb'e J. Thompson) , a kid who swears and throws insults around worse than Richard Pryor.


The movie follows Danny and Wheeler's quest to get out of the mess they're in, get their hours of community service done, and not go to jail.

Along the way, though, they find out that they actually have hearts and minds and can make a difference in someone else's life...if not their own.

How did I like it?

Not bad.

When the first lines of the movie are:

Wheeler: "Guess what I did last night?"

..and then he sticks his fingers in Danny's nose...

...I figured I had a winner.

The end got a bit dumb and a little long...but I have to admit that I laughed a lot at the story.

Especially when Paul Rudd and Seann William Scott start going back and forth where you KNOW they're just ad-libbing stuff...it gets really funny.

My Score: 2-1/2 Mooge Splats (out of a possible 4)



Now..excuse me.

This Paul Rudd vs. Elizabeth Banks debate may kill me.

I'm going with banks.

Hey.

Guess what I did last night.

Yeah.

I wish.

Moog out.


***********************
Want to be a reviewer? Send me a review!!

Want a movie reviewed? Let me know!

Email me here, or via the link on the right of the page and we'll see what we can do.

***********************
Haven't had enough?

Come swing by and see me at my other blog, Mental Poo.

***********************

1 comment:

Jen said...

WHERE did you find that hot picture of Paul Rudd?

Wait, in your bedroom!? Mooog!!!

I share your love of him.
mmmmmmm....