Reviews. Ratings. Stories. The "Dick in the Popcorn" trick.

If it's about a movie...or going to a movie...or, Christ, even watching TV...you'll find it here in "Moog's Movie Reviews!"

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Saw V - PoetrySue takes a Cut at it


Hey kids!!

Well - another one of our readers has sent me her very own guest review.

(If you have a movie you want to review, just send it to me. I have the instructions at the end of the review)


This one comes from PoetrySue over at "So Sue Me."

Sue is reviewing:

Saw V


Personally, I didn't go see it because after seeing Saw, Saw II and Saw III just felt like the same movie...

...except with extra Roman numerals.

Listen, when your movie tagline is:
"Saw IV: Now there's a 'V' in the title!"

...you might want to move on to a different project.

But, to each his or her own.

Here's Sue's review:

***********************
Ok MOOOG since you are loser who can't go see anything unless it is a chick flick or a kid's movie in the theaters. I used Bruce's money and sacrificed a Friday night to go see a real movie for you.

Saw V

The most recent installment in the ultimate mind f*ck movie series.

I went to an 11:45pm showing on Friday night. Mostly because I did not want to get stuck with all the teenagers taking their dates out hoping to score.

If you have seen the trailers for this movie then you have seen the opening sequence.

There is a guy who wakes up and finds himself strapped down to a table with a huge pendulum hanging above him.

This does not end well for dude on table. But it is very exciting to watch.

In this movie almost all of the old "Jigsaw" murder scenes are revisited.

Remember the FBI agent from Saw IV? Well he's going back over things with a fine tooth comb.... looking for..... well a person.

I hate spoiling movies so don't expect anything like that here.

There is plenty of beheadings and people getting blown up and blood splatter for any Saw fan.

The only complaint... it was too short. It was only like an hour and twenty minutes long.

My sister said:

"If they could make Titanic a three hour movie why the hell do we only get an hour of Saw? What the F*ck Man?"

I love my sister.

Needless to say they left the end open enough for another movie (keep your fingers crossed). But they wrapped things up enough to end the series if they want to (lets hope not).

I give it 3 Mooge Splats (out of a possible 4)


...simply becuase It was so short...

...another 45 minutes would have given it a 4...

*************************

Thanks, Sue!!!

Want to be a reviewer? Send me a review!!

Want a movie reviewed? Let me know!

Email me here, or via the link on the right of the page and we'll see what we can do.

***********************
Haven't had enough?

Come swing by and see me at my other blog, Mental Poo.

***********************

No comments: