Reviews. Ratings. Stories. The "Dick in the Popcorn" trick.

If it's about a movie...or going to a movie...or, Christ, even watching TV...you'll find it here in "Moog's Movie Reviews!"

Monday, October 20, 2008

Burn After Reading - A BIL Review


Short review today.

Well, my brother-in-law Derek shot me an email the other day after I asked him if he'd seen "Eagle Eye," as I was tempted to go see it until I saw from rottentomatoes.com that pretty much everyone hated it.

I cave to peer pressure.

(By the way, if anyone saw it, and wants to post a review of "Eagle Eye" here, send it to me)

Here's Derek's email, which includes a short review of:

Burn After Reading


***********************

"Hey - I have not seen Eagle Eye.

I read Ebert's review and he didn't like it at all.

(although to be honest, I need a second opinion because Ebert has changed since his surgery).

I did see "Burn After Reading".

I will say this:

If you like the Coen Brothers, I mean most Coen Brothers, not just Fargo.

If you like "The Big Lebowski," "Barton Fink," "O Brother Where Art Thou;" then I would recommend this movie.

I enjoyed it.

I thought the movie was pretty but the ending was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I walked out of the theater with a huge smile on my face and not just because I was drunk and high."

********************

There you have it.

A good movie review from someone who may or may not have been drunk and high.

Derek's Score (assumed by me):

3 Mooge Splats (out of a possible four)



**********************

Want to be a reviewer? Send me a review!!

Want a movie reviewed? Let me know!

Email me here, or via the link on the right of the page and we'll see what we can do.

***********************
Haven't had enough?

Come swing by and see me at my other blog, Mental Poo.

***********************

2 comments:

LBluca77 said...

This movie was playing at the theater by my house but I was to lazy to walk over. Now they are playing W so maybe I will go see that one.

Anonymous said...

I cant WAIT to see this movie.