Reviews. Ratings. Stories. The "Dick in the Popcorn" trick.

If it's about a movie...or going to a movie...or, Christ, even watching TV...you'll find it here in "Moog's Movie Reviews!"

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Taken - They Took the Chick from LOST!!

Today I'm reviewing the film:

Taken


Taken stars Liam Neeson as the divorced father of a 17-year old girl named Kim who lives with her very rich stepfather and her bitchy mother, played by Famke Janssen.

I only recognized Famke Janssen from the FX series, Nip/Tuck...

...where she played a woman who used to be a guy.

Take a look:


Wow.

She looks good in that picture.

I may begin shopping for transvestites hookers instead just the crack addicted ones.

I've digressed.

Synopsis:


The story line progresses as we realize that Liam Neeson's character, Bryan Mills, is retired from military life where he used to be part of an elite special forces team.

A taste of his skills are briefly scene during an attach on a popular singer that he and his group of ex-military buddies are hired to provided security for.



The movie takes a turn when Kim and her friend are abducted from their apartment while vacationing in Paris.

Kim is on the phone with Bryan at the time, who uses these short moments to instruct his daughter and gather as much information as he can about the attackers as possible.

It's this information, and the ability of his ex-military friends, that he uses to hunt down the men in an effort to rescue his daughter.

Here's what I was thinking through most of the movie:

"Who the Hell is the daughter? She looks so familiar...it's driving me nuts."


It finally hit me at 3:00 a.m. on Sunday morning when I got up to pee for the third time.

I'm 40.

This is what I do now.

She was the chick from "Lost" who played "Shannon" - Boone's sister! Except on Lost she had blonde hair.

Why am I the only one excited?


The movie becomes a guy-kicking-ass-while-doing-cool-martial-arts-moves movie...

...kind of like a cross between the "Bourne" movies and "Death Wish."
If you like those kind of movies, then this one will NOT disappoint you.

Liam Neeson surprisingly sells the fact that he can pull of all of the stuff he's doing...

...and eventually comes across as total bad ass.

In the end, I had to say that it was a good movie - for that TYPE of movie.

You won't get a ton of Oscar-worthy sequences...

...but you WILL get a decent action movie and a guy, in Neeson, who totally sells the fact that he WILL KILL YOU if he says he will.

My Score (based on this genre of movie):

3 Mooge Splats (out of a possible four)




Remember, he's a dad going after his daughter.

Thank God she's still not on that island...he'd NEVER find her.

Well...maybe he would.

He's badass.

Moog out.

********************

Haven't had enough?

Come swing by and see me at my other blog, Mental Poo.
***********************

Want to be a reviewer? Send me a review!!

Want a movie reviewed? Let me know!

Email me here, or via the link on the right of the page and we'll see what we can do.

3 comments:

Candy said...

We saw it last weekend. Husband promptly declared it his favorite movie ever. I had to dial it back a bit and say it was good. But I didn't want to go see it again the next day, unlike someone I'm married to.

Anyone who shoots the wife instead of the bad guy gets my vote for bad ass.

Anonymous said...

Sweet. I am going to see this one!

Unknown said...

the Lost girl looks COMPLETELY different without the blonde hair...