Reviews. Ratings. Stories. The "Dick in the Popcorn" trick.

If it's about a movie...or going to a movie...or, Christ, even watching TV...you'll find it here in "Moog's Movie Reviews!"

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fracture (or.."Why the Frack didn't I see this before???)

Today, I'm reviewing yet another movie off my Netflix list:

Fracture




Fracture is a thriller/drama about a rich, brilliant man (Anthony Hopkins) on trial for the attempted murder of his wife.

There is NO question on whether or not he's the killer.

We see him do it.

He admits it to a cop and signs a confession.

Credits roll.

JUST KIDDING!

Shortest. Movie. Ever.


No - the plot of the movie, instead, revolves around whether or not Anthony Hopkins' character can GET OUT of his confession and admission of guilt.

Is he smart enough to do it?

Has he pulled one over on the authorities?

What the f*ck is up with the friggin' marbles?

(trust me...makes sense when you watch it)

The one guy entrusted to put Hopkins away is a young, asshole-ish prosecuting attorney played by Ryan Gosling.

Gosling is one of those people who LOOKS familiar, but if you've seen his movie repertoire, chances are that you either (a) just THINK he looks familiar or (b) have really bad taste in other movies.

Seriously - "Young Hercules"..."Frankenstein and Me"...

What the f*ck?


Regardless..."Fracture" turns out to be a more than decent thriller with a pretty good twist at the end.

My wife both stayed awake AND enjoyed it.

This, my friends, is rare.

My score:

3 Mooge Splats (out of a possible four)



Now, if you'll excuse me...

"Frankenstein and Me" just showed up in my mailbox.

This is gonna be AWESOME.

Right.

***********************
Want to be a reviewer? Send me a review!!

Want a movie reviewed? Let me know!

Email me here, or via the link on the right of the page and we'll see what we can do.

***********************
Haven't had enough?

Come swing by and see me at my other blog, Mental Poo.

***********************

3 comments:

LBluca77 said...

I think I would only give Fracture 2 mooge splats.

AngryMan said...

It must be good if your wife stayed awake. I'm turning it into a must-see.

Jennifer said...

I liked this movie a lot too. Enjoyed the plot twists and turns. And anything w/ Anthony Hopkins is a big plus for me!