Reviews. Ratings. Stories. The "Dick in the Popcorn" trick.

If it's about a movie...or going to a movie...or, Christ, even watching TV...you'll find it here in "Moog's Movie Reviews!"

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (hey!!...is that a PLOT?!!)

Even in cartoon form, Natalie Portman is hot.

Just sayin'.

This weekend, I took the kids to see:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars



Star Wars Clone Wars.

Is it me, or is having the word "Wars" twice in one title bad grammar?

Maybe it's maybe me, maybe.

Whatever.

I actually enjoyed this movie.

It's short at an hour and a half....

...which is perfect for my attention spa...

OOH! CATERPILLAR!!

Sorry.


There is actually a plot you can FOLLOW.

This is completely unlike Star Wars episodes 1, 2 and 3...

...which required the aid of a deciphering ring from George Lucas himself to figure out what the f*ck was going on.

Since it's animated, they can get away with a lot more over-the-top action sequences and stuff...which was perfect in keeping my son entertained.

My daughter fell asleep about halfway through.

Girls. They're so icky.

Pros:
Decent plot you can follow. Good animated action sequences. Natalie Portman's character still somehow manages to turn me on even though it's a f*cking cartoon.

Cons:

I don't remember Anakin Skywalker being funny or lighthearted in any of the Star Wars movies. Here, he's basically Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon. Kinda weird if you follow Star Wars.

Overall, my score:

2-1/2 Mooge Splats (out of a possible four)



Now...

Excuse me while I go work on my light saber in the men's room.


Oh yeah, Queen Amidala....you know you want it.

Moog out.

***********************
Want to be a reviewer? Send me a review!!

Want a movie reviewed? Let me know!

Email me here, or via the link on the right of the page and we'll see what we can do.

***********************
Haven't had enough?

Come swing by and see me at my other blog, Mental Poo.

***********************

4 comments:

AngryMan said...

Wait, this is an animated Lethal Weapon? Sign me up!

stephanie said...

I'm very glad I read this review. I was confused about the Clone Wars. Was it a prequel, a sequel, something in the middle? And I had no idea it was animated.

Moooooog35 said...

Angry: yes...it even stars an animated Danny Glover. Wait..nevermind...that's Samuel Jackson.

Stephanie: You're welcome. This thing falls somewhere between episodes 1 and 2...or 2 and 3...I'm not really sure which. Maybe it's after part 5...crap...I have no idea.

Anonymous said...

You are totally out of your mind. and I digg THAT about you!